The Ortus BlogBox
We are very excited to bring you a new commercial product release for the Ortus Family: Redis Lucee Extension The Redis Lucee Extension allows you to natively connect to a Redis Server cluster and leverage it for distributed caching, session/client storage and distribution, cluster RAM file systems, and much more. It can allow your Lucee servers to scale and extend easily by leveraging Redis Server as the platform of choice for session/cluster managements, caching and virtual file-systems.
If you have ever asked yourself these questions, then our Lucee Extension can help you:
- Want to use round-robin balancing instead of sticky sessions?
- How do you deal with session/client information when you have more than 1 server in your cluster?
- How can I scale my Lucee servers when I am running out of RAM?
- Do you want your users to still be logged in even if a server in my cluster dies or is restarted?
- Do you want to have a cluster-wide file system?
- Do you want to be able to cache data in a distributed and elastic fashion?
We have been working with Redis Server for many years and it has been a true pleasure to not only build scalable farms with it, but also it is incredibly responsive when it comes down to key-value storage and caching transactions.
Here are some of the major features of our Redis Extension:
- Add Native Redis functionality to any Lucee CFML application
- Install at the server level (Available to all contexts)
- Create Cache connections in the Lucee administrator to connect to any network-accessible Redis cluster
- Set and get objects from Redis via standard CFML functions and tags
cachePut(), cacheGet(), <cfcache action=“get|put”>
- Fully supports all built-in Lucee cache functions including wildcard filters
- Seamlessly distribute storage of the following to any bucket in a Redis cluster
- Lucee session storage
- Lucee client storage
- Lucee RAM resource
- Seamlessly cache the following to any timeout-sensitive bucket in a Redis cluster
- Results of database queries
- Results of deterministic functions
- Complex or simple objects in your application's code
- Cached templates
- Results of database queries
- Registers new CFML Built-In Functions (BIFs) for native Java access to Redis
- Extremely lightweight and fast
Please visit our Extension page for all the necessary resources.
We are extremely excited to bring to the masses our PDF extension for Lucee CFML server. This has been in the works since the Railo days and we have finally spiced it up to release it publicly. So what exactly does the Ortus PDF extension do? I am glad you asked. Let's check this extension out.
The Ortus PDF Lucee Extension adds to any Lucee engine the missing PDF capabilities you were longing for and enhancing some PDF capabilities as well. The extension contains several new CFML built-in tags and functions (coming soon) that will help you manipulate and work with PDF documents. Our extension is completely documented and professionaly supported via our Ortus Support services.