The Ortus BlogBox
We are pleased to announce the general availability of CommandBox 4.7.0. This is a minor release and contains a nice collection of small bug fixes and new enhancements to the CLI.
All docs are updated and viewable here:
You can grab the latest version of the CommandBox via our download page here:
Our apt and yum repos are updated and Homebrew should be updated very soon.
What's New With v5.5.0
We are very excited to bring you ColdBox Platform v5.5.0! This is a minor release packed with a punch of improvements and some cool new features. The major libraries upgraded are ColdBox MVC and WireBox in this release.
At Ortus Solutions we are known for building open source projects for the ColdFusion (CFML) community such as ColdBox, CommandBox, ContentBox Modular CMS, ForgeBox and many more. All of those products are licensed under the Apache 2 license and are completely FREE to use and extend.
However, the amount of effort needed to maintain and develop new features for all projects is not sustainable without proper financial backing. This is where you can come in and help support Ortus Open Source Software by pledging on Patreon. We have completely revamped all our patreon levels and refreshed all the rewards for those that share and give!
In a recent study done by Harvard University, it was proven that the act of giving and generosity would ensue happiness! Don't beleive me, check this article out: https://news.harvard.edu/gazette/story/2008/04/money-spent-on-others-can-buy-happiness/. So actually supporting our Open Source Initiatives will bring you happiness!
If you run a business and are using Ortus Open Source software in a revenue generating product or service, it makes sense to sponsor Ortus Open Source Software development: it ensures the project that your product/services use stays healthy and actively maintained. If you are an individual user and have enjoyed the productivity of our Open Source Software tools, consider donating as a sign of appreciation.
Modernize all things!
FORGEBOX v4.7.0 released!
Today we are pleased to announce a minor release for our FORGEBOX suite of products to version 4.7.0. This release includes lots of fixes and some great additions.
Here are the detailed release notes for this release.
- [FORGEBOX-163] -
box.jsonvalidation error while adding version from web UI completely clears screen and loses data
- [FORGEBOX-298] - Adding version allows the user to check the "stable" checkbox
- [FORGEBOX-355] - Update s3sdk settings configuration to include building the URL to avoid empty issues
- [FORGEBOX-359] - Mailing list checkbox on registration page is not working when selected
- [FORGEBOX-360] - Blanks is displayed when Editing a package on packages with html markup
- [FORGEBOX-361] - Fix Ownership of packages issue when publishing from collaborators
- [FORGEBOX-362] - Button for adding a new version not firing
- [FORGEBOX-365] - Admin cannot change username, fails with exception
- [FORGEBOX-371] - Error creating versions, fails with exceptions from UI
- [FORGEBOX-372] - Error calling admin:settings.getLiveActivations from UI
- [FORGEBOX-374] - Do not show badges if package does not have any version
- [FORGEBOX-375] - Do not show version badge if the package does not have any version
- [FORGEBOX-322] - Fine tuning of public versions tab with much better UX
- [FORGEBOX-324] - Reset Password action from user listing screen for admins
- [FORGEBOX-332] - Create the beginnings of the Package Dependency Viewer in the UI
- [FORGEBOX-334] - Add latest version badge to the package view top section
- [FORGEBOX-335] - Add package type badge (public,private) on the package view section
- [FORGEBOX-138] - Show code to make ForgeBox badges on the package maintainer screen.
- [FORGEBOX-351] - Change user dashboard links on the public UI to
@usernamefor consistency and just plain nice!
- [FORGEBOX-366] - Upgrade to ColdBox 5.4.1
- [FORGEBOX-367] - Upgrade of
mementifierto latest version
- [FORGEBOX-368] - Upgrade to sentry for logging
- [FORGEBOX-369] - Upgrade s3sdk to avoid debugging code
- [FORGEBOX-370] - Upgrade to testbox 3
We are excited to bring our training Bootcamp series as a post-conference workshop for this year Adobe ColdFusion Summit 2019 in Las Vegas, NV. Please note, that our training this year is AFTER the conference. This training series will be led by Box creator Luis Majano and ContentBox Evangelist Gavin Pickin. Register as soon as possible as space is very limited!
Ortus Solutions is proud to announce that one of our newest steps in our Modernize or Die ® movement, announced at Into the Box 2019, is now launched. The Modernize or Die Podcast CFML News Edition launched a couple of weeks back, but now, the SoapBox edition has been launched as well.
Ortus Solutions is proud to announce that one of our newest steps in our Modernize or Die ® movement, announced at Into the Box 2019, is now launched. The Modernize or Die Podcast CFML News Edition has been launched and is now available online, on youtube, and in your favorite Podcast player.