We are proud to announce today a nice minor release for Ortus DataBoss version 1.2.0. This release fixes some issues reported and also introduces an updated UI and some nice updates thanks to the great feedback. Also, RESTFul services have been updated so you can use DataBoss as a centralized data hub with export capabilities of data and entity with its relationships in JSON, JSONP, XML, WDDX or even PDF formats. We have completely documented the RESTFul endpoints for DataBoss and its features.
The major updates of this release is the capabilities to annotate your properties with options. This allows you to now control which options are presented to the user in the UI via drop downs. This can be directly coded or dynamically by calling a function within the same ORM model.
- [DATABOSS-60] - datepickers don't work on chrome versions
New Features & Improvements
- [DATABOSS-61] - Inclusion of build numbers to releases
- [DATABOSS-58] - Add a db_options annotation to properties so developers can add a list of dropdowns to select from in the UI
- [DATABOSS-59] - Add a db_optionsUDF annotation to properties that can be used to get an array of options to display for users to select dynamically from a function
- [DATABOSS-63] - Ability to show all records if needed without pagination
- [DATABOSS-64] - Licensing provisioning model additions
- [DATABOSS-65] - Migration to Bootstrap 3
What is DataBoss?
Ortus DataBoss is an application that will help you manage CFML Object Relational Mapper (ORM) objects without the need of writing administrative code for them; thus a Dynamic Administrator. DataBoss will talk to the underlying ORM engine (Hibernate) and get all the necessary information to manage all the ORM entities and its relationships in that specific CFML application DataBoss has been deployed to. You can watch our introductory video to get a quick overview of what DataBoss is and how it can benefit your development.
- Download as a standalone application that can integrate with any framework or application
- Download as a ColdBox module so it can integrate with any ColdBox 3.5 application
- Automatic Hibernate ORM entity detection and analysis
- Ability to manage all supported Hibernate relationships: One-To-Many, Many-To-One, One-To-One, Many-To-Many
- Ability to manage multi-level inheritance relationships
- Internationalized and localized for: English, Spanish, German, French, Portuguese and more
- Ability to create/edit/delete and multi-delete any managed entity and its data
- Built-in form validation based on ColdBox Validation and ORM metadata
- Customizable validation rules
- Customizable HTML 5 controls for persisted properties: Checkbox, Radio Buttons, Multi-Select, Text, Email, URL, Password, Textarea, Super Lite Rich Text Editor, Date Picker
- Ability to paginate entity records and do inline filtering/sorting of data
- Easily interface layout overrides if ran as a ColdBox Module
- Easily extend the custom CSS framework
- Ability to reload the ORM engine a-la-carte
- Application responsive design ready for phone and tablet usage
- Database null support