We are proud to announce today a minor release for Ortus DataBoss version 1.1.0. This release fixes lots of issues reported and also introduces one of DataBoss' most impressive feature yet: RESTFul ORM exports. You can now use DataBoss as a centralized data hub with export capabilities of data and entity with its relationships in JSON, JSONP, XML, WDDX or even PDF formats. We have completely documented the RESTFul endpoints for DataBoss and even added pagination to the native API.
We have also added localized support for all dates and times and even added a fancy time picker to make time entry a lot easier for applications.
- [DATABOSS-48] - truncate the length of text in the listing view with HTML removals and expand support
- [DATABOSS-52] - Default values for boolean select buttons not enabled
- [DATABOSS-53] - Remove funky rel=nofollow and target=_blank from HTML rich text editors
- [DATABOSS-54] - Bug when deleting relationships and exceptions caused more exceptions
- [DATABOSS-46] - Enabled better logging and debugging capabilities
- [DATABOSS-49] - Editing if over x chars show a textarea
- [DATABOSS-51] - Date editing improvements for all browsers and datepickers
- [DATABOSS-22] - Introduce a new html type: time
- [DATABOSS-45] - RESTful exporting for listing and entities
- [DATABOSS-50] - New listing annotations for date/time support: showDate=true, showTime=true
What is DataBoss?
Ortus DataBoss is an application that will help you manage CFML Object Relational Mapper (ORM) objects without the need of writing administrative code for them; thus a Dynamic Administrator. DataBoss will talk to the underlying ORM engine (Hibernate) and get all the necessary information to manage all the ORM entities and its relationships in that specific CFML application DataBoss has been deployed to. You can watch our introductory video to get a quick overview of what DataBoss is and how it can benefit your development.
- Download as a standalone application that can integrate with any framework or application
- Download as a ColdBox module so it can integrate with any ColdBox 3.5 application
- Automatic Hibernate ORM entity detection and analysis
- Ability to manage all supported Hibernate relationships: One-To-Many, Many-To-One, One-To-One, Many-To-Many
- Ability to manage multi-level inheritance relationships
- Internationalized and localized for: English, Spanish, German, French, Portuguese and more
- Ability to create/edit/delete and multi-delete any managed entity and its data
- Built-in form validation based on ColdBox Validation and ORM metadata
- Customizable validation rules
- Customizable HTML 5 controls for persisted properties: Checkbox, Radio Buttons, Multi-Select, Text, Email, URL, Password, Textarea, Super Lite Rich Text Editor, Date Picker
- Ability to paginate entity records and do inline filtering/sorting of data
- Easily interface layout overrides if ran as a ColdBox Module
- Easily extend the custom CSS framework
- Ability to reload the ORM engine a-la-carte
- Application responsive design ready for phone and tablet usage
- Database null support