The Ortus BlogBox
Are you a DevOps Engineer?
We are in need of a DevOps Engineer at Ortus Solutions and we would love to have you join our 100% remote and global team! So it doesn't matter if you live in a beautiful Hawaiian beach or an icy patch of land in New Hampshire. If you know your DevOps, we need to talk. Below you can find the opportunity and you can send us your resumes to email@example.com.
Here is a job opening that a friend of mine in Ft. Lauderdale has opened up for a ColdFusion/ColdBox developer. Please contact Victor Mendez at
Job Title: Sr. Lead ColdFusion Architect / Developer
Description: This position is responsible for creating/modifying ColdFusion code and database communications for company’s enterprise website.
We are looking for a highly motivated, detail oriented ColdFusion Developer who understands the unique needs of Internet and Web Applications. You must be a team player responsible for designing, developing, testing and deploying enterprise level web applications keeping the UI (User’s Interface) and UX (User’s Experience) in mind.
Permanent Fulltime Position. Location: Fort Lauderdale, FL (Local candidates preferred) Base Pay: Commensurate with experience.
Primary Responsibilities: (Any one position may not include all of the specific responsibilities listed. Examples provide a general summary of the work required, and should not be treated as a total or complete list of expected duties to be performed by employees in this job description).
- Create and conceptualize various degrees of code using a multi-tier development framework (i.e. ColdBox - www.coldboxframework.com/ ).
- Design, develop, test and deploy enterprise level web applications
- 5+ years experience with ColdFusion & Microsoft SQL Server 2005/2008 (Including high availability, usability, performance tuning, etc.)
- Solid knowledge in relational database design and development.
- Development of ColdFusion 8/9 applications using ColdFusion Components (CFCs) with Object Oriented design/patterns
- Participates in planning and review of new releases and feature sets
- Grow with new development related technologies.
- Perform other related duties, as required
Other Requirements Include:
- Extensive/Expert level ColdFusion Experience REQUIRED
- Eclipse or Dreamweaver experience REQUIRED
- T-SQL for MS SQL 2005/2008 is REQUIRED
- ColdBox Framework is REQUIRED.
- Experience with CSS and AJAX is a MUST.
- Consuming WebServices and using SOAP, JSON and other protocols with API’s, an understanding of third party API’s and frameworks (Google, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, etc)
- Hibernate familiarity and experience (Optional)
- Experience with Wordpress (Optional)
- Exalead Search Engine (Optional)
- Ability to effectively communicate with customers and other employees.
- Physical demands include sitting for long periods of time; walking; and ability to reach, stoop, kneel, crouch, climb and balance.
- Ability to operate and use all necessary equipment to perform the job duties.
- Some travel and non-standard working hours may be required. The individual is required to handle multiple priorities within time constraints.
- Must be able to support a 9:00am- 6:00pm schedule in addition to having VERY Flexible Hours (As the business dictates)
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience of five (5) plus years.
- Ability to work well under pressure, master multi-tasker.
- Strong organizational skills along with excellent oral and written communication ability.
Casual business environment utilizing standard office equipment with a low noise level (computers, copying machines, faxes, and printers running).
*This position description may not include all of the specific responsibilities listed. The intent of this Job Description is to provide a representative summary of the major and responsibilities performed, by incumbents of this job. Incumbents may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description
My friend Brett send me a request for a job posting and it has been added to the ColdBox Jobs section but I am also posting it here (http://eliteopensourcejobs.com/jobs/view/4c6e9e74-8354-48e0-bfe3-752e45591f8c)
[Web/ColdFusion/ColdBox Developer, NYC/Telecommute]
Pro Bono Net, a New York based not-for-profit company dedicated to improving access to legal assistance for those who cannot typically afford it, is looking for an experienced ColdFusion developer on a full time contract basis to work on a major new release of a highly visible, content oriented web site. The minimum contract length will be 4 months, with the term likely to be extended. Preference will be given to local candidates.
We are looking for a developer with all or most of the following qualifications:
+ Ability to pick up a new project and contribute immediately.
+ Experience developing ColdFusion 9 applications and an in-depth knowledge of prior ColdFusion releases.
+ Familiarity with web MVC frameworks. Experience with ColdBox 3.0 preferred.
+ Extensive knowledge of SQL and MSSSQL Server.
+ Hibernate familiarity and experience.
+ Knowledge of web standards and usability best practices.
+ Solr Search Server experience a plus
+ Experience scaling/clustering ColdFusion for high availability.
If you are interested in joining our team please send us a resume, rates, and a cover letter or email describing your experience to firstname.lastname@example.org