Here is a job opening that a friend of mine in Ft. Lauderdale has opened up for a ColdFusion/ColdBox developer. Please contact Victor Mendez at
Job Title: Sr. Lead ColdFusion Architect / Developer
Description: This position is responsible for creating/modifying ColdFusion code and database communications for company’s enterprise website.
We are looking for a highly motivated, detail oriented ColdFusion Developer who understands the unique needs of Internet and Web Applications. You must be a team player responsible for designing, developing, testing and deploying enterprise level web applications keeping the UI (User’s Interface) and UX (User’s Experience) in mind.
Permanent Fulltime Position. Location: Fort Lauderdale, FL (Local candidates preferred) Base Pay: Commensurate with experience.
Primary Responsibilities: (Any one position may not include all of the specific responsibilities listed. Examples provide a general summary of the work required, and should not be treated as a total or complete list of expected duties to be performed by employees in this job description).
- Create and conceptualize various degrees of code using a multi-tier development framework (i.e. ColdBox - www.coldboxframework.com/ ).
- Design, develop, test and deploy enterprise level web applications
- 5+ years experience with ColdFusion & Microsoft SQL Server 2005/2008 (Including high availability, usability, performance tuning, etc.)
- Solid knowledge in relational database design and development.
- Development of ColdFusion 8/9 applications using ColdFusion Components (CFCs) with Object Oriented design/patterns
- Participates in planning and review of new releases and feature sets
- Grow with new development related technologies.
- Perform other related duties, as required
Other Requirements Include:
- Extensive/Expert level ColdFusion Experience REQUIRED
- Eclipse or Dreamweaver experience REQUIRED
- T-SQL for MS SQL 2005/2008 is REQUIRED
- ColdBox Framework is REQUIRED.
- Experience with CSS and AJAX is a MUST.
- Consuming WebServices and using SOAP, JSON and other protocols with API’s, an understanding of third party API’s and frameworks (Google, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, etc)
- Hibernate familiarity and experience (Optional)
- Experience with Wordpress (Optional)
- Exalead Search Engine (Optional)
- Ability to effectively communicate with customers and other employees.
- Physical demands include sitting for long periods of time; walking; and ability to reach, stoop, kneel, crouch, climb and balance.
- Ability to operate and use all necessary equipment to perform the job duties.
- Some travel and non-standard working hours may be required. The individual is required to handle multiple priorities within time constraints.
- Must be able to support a 9:00am- 6:00pm schedule in addition to having VERY Flexible Hours (As the business dictates)
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience of five (5) plus years.
- Ability to work well under pressure, master multi-tasker.
- Strong organizational skills along with excellent oral and written communication ability.
Casual business environment utilizing standard office equipment with a low noise level (computers, copying machines, faxes, and printers running).
*This position description may not include all of the specific responsibilities listed. The intent of this Job Description is to provide a representative summary of the major and responsibilities performed, by incumbents of this job. Incumbents may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description