We are in need of a DevOps Engineer at Ortus Solutions and we would love to have you join our 100% remote and global team! So it doesn't matter if you live in a beautiful Hawaiian beach or an icy patch of land in New Hampshire. If you know your DevOps, we need to talk. Below you can find the opportunity and you can send us your resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Dev Ops System Engineer
This is a part-time to full-time contracting position with the Ortus Solutions team as a dev ops system engineer. You will be joining a team of engineers and software developers focused on building scalable software and mobile solutions for customers around the world. This position will require hands-on knowledge of highly scalable web infrastructures and implementations, along-side server and application maintenance, debugging and implementations.
- Installing hardware and software, maintaining appropriate maintenance levels and tuning. Performing system software upgrades including planning / scheduling, testing, and coordination, and maintaining integrity of the operating system environment.
- Problem solving for interoperability of systems
- Responding to outages both during normal business hours and in an after-hours, on-call capacity.
- Evaluating, recommending, installing and configuring hardware and software to meet customer requirements
- Provide project leadership and develop solutions to improve the environment and enhance service reliability
- Manage Nginx load balancers and web servers
- Mange ColdFusion (Adobe+Lucee+CommandBox) and servlet container (tomcat/undertow) application servers
- Do weekly server patching, hardening and software audits
- Help the engineering team diagnose and solve issues that involve hardware or OS level binaries
- Log management, server monitoring and visibility
- Manage Bitbucket/Gitlab servers
- Manage Jira Cloud servers
- Manage and direct our container strategy via docker containers and Kubernetes
- Managing our virtual infrastructures based on Xen Server
- Co-Designing networks and system solutions based on customer requests and needs with our engineering team
- Producing documentation for use in configuration, repair and troubleshooting of hardware, software and network operating systems
Desired Skills & Experience
- Strong understanding of Linux especially Ubuntu, CoreOS, CentOS, Hypervisors and containers
- Strong understanding and usage of web servers like Apache and Nginx
- Strong understanding of load balancers either hardware or software, preferably software via Nginx+ and/or HAProxy
- Strong understanding of docker, containers, and Kubernetes.
- Strong understanding of cloud services like Amazon AWS, Rackspace, Open Stack, Google Cloud etc.
- Experience with servlet containers like Tomcat, Undertow, Jetty
- Experience with CFML Engines: Adobe ColdFusion, Lucee
- Experience with RDBMS but mostly MySQL Databases with replication
- Experience with NoSQL databases but most specifically Couchbase NoSQL server
- Experience with Jenkins, Travis and automated deployment solutions and continuous integration solutions
- Experience with source control systems like Git and SVN
- Network Diagramming tools and experience
- Having programming skills is highly recognized either Java, ColdFusion, PHP, Groovy, Python, Ruby, etc.
- Experience with Software Development Life Cycles based on Agile/Scrum development
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Good organizational and planning skills
- Good problem solving and team player
- Proficiency in other languages other than English is highly desired
- BA/BS degree or equivalent experience (5+ years)
- US citizen, resident or green card holder
- Flexibility in working hours
- Hourly rate to be determined upon qualifications
- Remote Worker