This is our first ColdBox Boot Camp in the DC area thanks to RIACON 2012. Boy are we excited: http://coldbox-riacon.eventbrite.com?ref=elink.This boot camp is taking place right after RIACON 2012 on August 8th, 9th and 10th.
We will be doing CBOX 100 that concentrates on core ColdBox and MVC basics, and CBOX204 which concentrates on testing, unit testing, TDD, best practices, mocking and more.
Want to go to both courses? We want to make that happen so we will offer you a specially priced Boot Camp Bundle: http://coldbox-riacon.eventbrite.com?ref=elink. It is not in our nature to stop there so if you do bundle the courses then we will give you your choice of either an Apple iPod Shuffle or a $50 Apple iTunes gift card.
CBOX 100 - Core ColdBox
Intro to ColdBox is an intense 1 or 2 day training course that will get you started with ColdBox Application Development. This course focuses on the main aspects of ColdBox Development and it delivers a one-two punch to get you started. You will get hands on experience and an in-depth overview of the main development aspects of the ColdBox Platform as it is applied to MVC web development.
This course will provide you with all the in-depth knowledge necessary to succeed in designing, building and maintaining ColdBox application:
- Solid understanding of the MVC design pattern as applied to ColdFusion web development
- A basic understanding of the capabilities of the ColdBox Platform
- A thorough understanding of how to build sustainable MVC applications using the ColdBox Platform
- Understand key development best practices that will enable you to develop higher quality code
- Course Datasheet: http://coldbox.org/documents/courses/cbox100-CourseDatasheet.pdf
CBOX-204: Testing, Mocking, Stubbing, Oh My!
CBOX-204 is one of our advanced courses that focus on testing principles, TDD (Test Driven Development), mocking and ColdBox application testing. In this 1-day course you will be exposed to testing theory, types of tests, working with MXUnit, application testing, tools of the trade and finally learn about Mocking and Stub objects. You will have both theory and hands on workshops that will sharpen your skills and challenge you.
This course will enhance your application toolbox and development skills.
- Understand the theory and principles behind software testing
- Understand all types of testing and know when to apply them
- Review tools of the trade for TDD and CI (Continuous Integration)
- Everything you wanted to know about the MXUnit Framework
- Apply testing to your applications with a focus on ColdBox applications n? Understand Mocking/Stubbing and its applications via MockBox
- Course Datasheet: http://coldbox.org/documents/courses/cbox204-CourseDatasheet.pdf