LogBox has now reached maturity and hit 1.0 release. You can download it from our usual downloads center location.
Want to suggest a feature, fix a bug, new something? User your voice: http://coldbox.uservoice.com/
LogBox is an enterprise ColdFusion logging library designed to give you flexibility, simplicity and power when logging or tracing is needed in your applications. LogBox is part of the ColdBox Platform 3.0 suite of services and libraries. LogBox allows you to easily build upon its logging framework in order to meet any logging or reporting needs your applications has. ColdFusion has the very basic cflog tag that you can use in your applications to leverage file logging but it has many limitations. LogBox allows you to create multiple destinations for your loggings and even be able to configure them or change them at runtime.
Almost every application needs some kind of logging or tracing capabilities and we believe that LogBox fills that void. However, LogBox offers you the capabilities to filter out or be able to cancel logging noise a-la-carte. LogBox was inspired by the original logging capabilities in ColdBox and in the Log4j project.
What Can LogBox Do For You?
- LogBox can handle the inserting of logging or tracing statements in your applications with a very easy to use API and gives you the ability to manage it externally without touching application code.
- You can configure LogBox via the following means:
- A programmatic configuration file (cfc)
- An xml configuration file
- A ColdBox configuration file
- LogBox categorizes your logging or tracing statements according to user-defined categories that can be configured at runtime or pre-runtime. All of these categorizations can have their own logging level ranges and even their own destination points or what we refer to as LogBox Appenders.
- LogBox Appenders are the different destination points you can configure for your logging or tracing statements. LogBox also offers a basic extensible API so you can build and extend upon the Appender framework according to your logging or tracing needs. This gives you complete control and flexibility of how to expand LogBox.
- LogBox also facilitates the creation of your very own customized message formats via Layouts. You can create a Layout component that can be configured in to ANY LogBox appender so it can spit out your very own customized messages.
- LogBox can be instantiated as many times as you want and used as many times as you like in a single application. There are no restrictions upon its usage.
Included LogBox Appenders
|An Asynchronous file appender
|An Asynchronous file appender that can do file rotation and archiving
|Will deliver messages to the coldfusion logs
|Will deliver messages to the ColdBox Tracer Panel in the ColdBox debugger
|Will deliver messages to the console via system.out
|Will deliver messages to a database table. It can even auto create the table for you.
|Will deliver messages to any email address
|Will deliver messages to a file
|A file appender that can do file rotation and archiving
|Will deliver messages to any ColdFusion scope you desire
|Will connect to any server socket and deliver messages
|Can either send direct messages to a twitter user or update a status of a twitter user.
|Will deliver messages to the coldfusion tag cftrace.