We are proud to announce today a nice minor release for Ortus DataBoss Version 1.4.0. This release brings about support for Adobe ColdFusion 11, perpetual and yearly subscription licensing and much more. We modified our licensing model and have created a yearly and perpetual plan for each version of DataBoss to allow for a more flexible and approachable licensing model. Below you can see a summary of the major updates for this release, release notes and information about DataBoss. If you have never tried DataBoss before, we have a trial version as well that you can use to kick the tires and see how productive it can make you and your team.
Display Annotation For Editors
You can now annotate your properties with a db_displayCreate and db_displayUpdate boolean annotation so you can decide which fields to show in the creation and update forms. A great feature for more UI control.
property name="updateDate" db_displayCreate="false"; property name="legacyID" db_displayUpdate="false";
Display Columns Now Includes x2O Relationships
db_displayColumns can be a property from the entity, but not a property that represents a relationship. Some entities are mostly comprised of relationships and there are no properties that make any sense as a display column. Now you can via dot-notation syntax, much how HQL and Criteria Queries work. So if a user had a company (M2O) relationship and another entity that referenced user wanted to have the user's name AND company name show up, then you can do this:
So the following values would get used (with a null check on company):
user.getFirstname() user.getLastname() user.getCompany.getName()
One To Many Collection Manager Improvements
The one-to-many collection manager UI console has been improved to show relationships that have no columns, but just foreign keys.
Improvements & New Features
- [DATABOSS-87] - O2M in collection manager doesn't show columns for related entities
- [DATABOSS-88] - Allow display columns to include properties from x2O relationships
- [DATABOSS-92] - Update Bootstrap to latest build
- [DATABOSS-89] - Add a new annotation to show/hide fields from creation/editing screens
- [DATABOSS-90] - Allow for perpetual and subscription licenses
- [DATABOSS-91] - Adobe ColdFusion 11 Support
What is DataBoss?
Ortus DataBoss is an application that will help you manage CFML Object Relational Mapper (ORM) objects without the need of writing administrative code for them; thus a Dynamic Administrator. DataBoss will talk to the underlying ORM engine (Hibernate) and get all the necessary information to manage all the ORM entities and its relationships in that specific CFML application DataBoss has been deployed to. You can watch our introductory video to get a quick overview of what DataBoss is and how it can benefit your development.
- Download as a standalone application that can integrate with any framework or application
- Download as a ColdBox module so it can integrate with any ColdBox 3.5 application
- Automatic Hibernate ORM entity detection and analysis
- Ability to manage all supported Hibernate relationships: One-To-Many, Many-To-One, One-To-One, Many-To-Many
- Ability to manage multi-level inheritance relationships
- Internationalized and localized for: English, Spanish, German, French, Portuguese and more
- Ability to create/edit/delete and multi-delete any managed entity and its data
- Built-in form validation based on ColdBox Validation and ORM metadata
- Customizable validation rules
- Customizable HTML 5 controls for persisted properties: Checkbox, Radio Buttons, Multi-Select, Text, Email, URL, Password, Textarea, Super Lite Rich Text Editor, Date Picker
- Ability to paginate entity records and do inline filtering/sorting of data
- Easily interface layout overrides if ran as a ColdBox Module
- Easily extend the custom CSS framework
- Ability to reload the ORM engine a-la-carte
- Application responsive design ready for phone and tablet usage
- Database null support