We introduced new model integration features that will let you talk to model objects, persist them and yes, autowire them. 2.6.2 introduced a brand new dependency injection framework based on metadata (annotations) and a cool DSL (Domain Specific Language). Anyways, you can check out all the great stuff introduced in 2.6.2 by visiting our What's New Document for 2.6.2.
This release is mostly a maintenance fix with a few sparkles such as:
- Added more model integration control settings:
- ModelsObjectCaching to let you cache or not the model objects when created. Great for development
- ModelsDebugMode an easy way to turn on/off global model debugging messages
- ModelsSetterInjection an easy way to turn on setter injection for your model objects
- ModelsDICompleteUDF an easy way to override the default UDF name to call when injection is finalized.
- ModelsStopRecursion a nice list of class names to make the factory stop recursion when its looking for dependencies
- New setting for using ColdSpring or LightWire: IOCFrameworkReload. This little puppy will let you reload the factory when working in development, so you don't have to be constantly reiniting everything just to see changes in your beans.
- The transfer loader interceptor can now also register the ColdBox Transfer Dependency Injector Observer for you. Just add some more properties and voila!!
- ColdBox under J2EE app servers could not be better. ColdBox will now autodect j2ee contexts and adapt to them for ses and AppMapping localizations
- The logger plugin has been updated thanks to Paul Marcotte by introducing several utility methods like: warning(),error(),info(), etc. And we also added a new setting called "DefaultLogLevel" that can be set to log only certain type of messages if needed. Thanks Paul and the crew
- Tons of fixes and optimizations so read the What's New Now!