ColdBox 2.6.0 Beta 1 is now available.
ColdBox 2.6.0 Beta 1 has been released. This is another major update to the framework and toolkit that encompasses on optimizations, bug fixes and several new features. The full release notes and what's new document have been posted to the wiki and you can check them out. Below is just a condensed listing of some of the new features that have been implemented for 2.6.0 beta 1. There are some that are still missing for a full release and of course, your testing and ideas are still welcomed for this version. The beta of 2.6.0 is planned to go on for about 3-4 weeks, depending on the amount of testing done and submissions.
- Per application conventions. Control how each application is defined. More granularity and portability.
- New convention: Default Event Action = index(). Each handler can implement a default action to be executed if an event just defines the handler. Of course, you can change this via the per-application conventions.
- onMissingAction() - You can now define this powerful action in your handlers and create virtual events, error handling or whatever you feel like doing. It simulates onMissingMethod() but on a handler level basis.
- Debugger Panel Updates and configuration: You can now fully configure the debugger panel to your liking.
- Execution Profiler Monitor: The framework now saves a stack of requests (configurable) and creates a monitor so you can do execution profiling and poll incoming requests. Again, ANY request, via FLEX/AJAX/AIR or normal http request.
- Reinit Button on info panel:
You can now reinit the framework right from your panel.
- Messagebox Plugin enhanced with multiple optimizations and new methods
- Environment Interceptor enhanced
- New plugin: json
- Complex configuration settings are now JSON based.
- New plugin: methodInjector
- New supertype methods: htmlhead(), getInterceptor()
- getInterceptor() can now retrieve specific interceptors that have been loaded in your application.
- IoC plugin optimizations and updates
- LightWire fixes and updates
- Application storage and session storage plugins optimized and updated
- SES numerical and alphanumerical route definitions
- New Interceptor: security. Secure your event-driven applications with ease. Tons of configuration options and ease of use.
- Cookiestorage plugin can now do encryption
- Render views and cache them at the same time
- Flash persistence scope can now be choosen for flash saving of variables on redirections
- You can now define and execute private events via runEvent(event, private=true)
- Major Caching Updates
- Use of java softreferences to create a memory aware caching mechanism
- Usage of JDK 1.5 > concurrency classes for atomical operations and locking features
- Create your own eviction policies
- Cache panel and graphing updates
- Discard mechanism updated and can even use regular expressions
- cfc Viewer plugin is spanking new
- Request context new methods: isSES(), buildLink() and much more.
Add Your Comment
Apr 23, 2008 10:51:25 UTC
by Jason Dean
Luis, This is very exciting. I am downloading Beta 1 right now. I tried out 2.5.2 this week for the first time, and I was really amazed by how easy it was to work with. I am looking forward to your sessions at cf.Objective(). I'll see you there!