Hacktoberfest is here!
Digital Ocean has announced the official beginning of Hacktoberfest 2022 with a special Hacktoberfest Kick off, Today, Oct 4th, 2022 at 11:00 am (EDT). Register now
Why do we encourage you to participate?
Ortus Solutions is built upon Open source with our flagship products all open source, this event holds a special place in our hearts and it’s a great space to show developers how we are modernizing the CFML language. We invite everyone to get involved and contribute to CFML Community Projects, with documentation, code, and new this year, non-code contributions.
Visit their website to get all the information you need to participate and support: hacktoberfest.com
What exactly is Hacktoberfest and why is it so important for the Open Source community?
Hacktoberfest is a month-long celebration of open source software launched in 2013 by Digital Ocean with the purpose of supporting community-minded coders, Open Source projects, and making the modern internet function.
Who can participate?
Everyone can participate either by presenting their own projects or supporting others if they have the skills to help keep these initiatives continuing + you don’t have to be a coder in order to get involved. Read how you can participate as a non-code contributor
How can you participate?
- Register anytime between September 26 and October 31
- Pull requests can be made in any GITHUB or GITLAB-hosted project that’s participating in Hacktoberfest (look for the “Hacktoberfest” topic)
- Project maintainers must accept your pull/merge requests for them to count toward your total
- Have 4 pull/merge requests be accepted between October 1 and 31 to complete Hacktoberfest. Review Pull/Merge Request Details
Note. If you are a beginner in the Open source community and want to participate, here are some resources that can guide you through the process Beginner-resources
Go to GitHub and look for projects with the hashtag #Hacktoberfest or use the hashtag in your projects if you want to participate. You can find a lot of our projects HERE to code and support.
Why participate in Hacktoberfest 2022?
- It is open to everyone
- You don’t need to code to present your projects.
- Support the projects we love and use in our Open Source projects
- Present projects and issues to get supported by the community
- The first 40,000 participants (maintainers and contributors) whom complete Hacktoberfest can elect to receive one of two prizes: a tree planted in their name, or the Hacktoberfest 2022 t-shirt.
Major Ortus Solution Repositories
- ColdBox MVC Platform - https://github.com/ColdBox/coldbox-platform
- CommandBox - https://github.com/Ortus-Solutions/commandbox
- ContentBox - https://github.com/Ortus-Solutions/ContentBox
- TestBox - https://github.com/Ortus-Solutions/TestBox
Ortus Solutions Documentation
- ColdBox MVC Platform Documentation - https://coldbox.ortusbooks.com/
- CommandBox Documentation - https://commandbox.ortusbooks.com/
- ContentBox Documentation - https://contentbox.ortusbooks.com/
- TestBox Documentation - https://testbox.ortusbooks.com/
- Learn Modern ColdFusion (CFML) in 100 Minutes - https://modern-cfml.ortusbooks.com/
Other CFML Repositories