We are so proud to announce our first minor release of ColdBox LITE v1.1.0! What is ColdBox LITE?
ColdBox LITE (CBL) is an MVC framework with a subset of features of the ColdBox Platform that deal with MVC only. Thus, providing a light-weight conventions based MVC framework. Since ColdBox itself is built with modularity, CBL was the last piece we wanted to decouple from the platform to provide yet another standalone library for ColdFusion. CBL focuses on providing developers a light weight MVC engine in two flavors:
The ORM flavor includes all of our ORM additions such as Active Entity, ORM base and virtual services, Hibernate criteria and detached criteria builders and ORM Dependency Injection. CBL also includes WireBox as the standard engine that provides access to the model, dependency injection and persistence.
Release Notes v1.1.0
- [CBOXLITE-1] - Renderer adding an extra / when locating views and layout if appmapping is the root
- [CBOXLITE-4] - Super type passing argumentsCollection when it should be argumentCollection on several methods
- [CBOXLITE-5] - Bug on location argument with renderdata not being executed
- [CBOXLITE-2] - Updated application template to better standards
- [CBOXLITE-6] - renderdata with formats and formatsview to allow for auto-format detection
Did you expect less? Of course it is fully documented: http://wiki.coldbox.org/wiki/cbl.cfm
What does it not include?
CBL does not include the following capabilities as they are found in the ColdBox Platform:
- ColdBox Core Plugins (Storages, Utilities, RSS, JavaLoader, AntiSamy, etc)
- ColdBox Modules
- Flash RAM
- Testing Facilities
- SES and URL Mappings
- WireBox AOP
- ColdBox Proxy (Flex/Air/SOAP) integrations
- Internationalization & Localization
Which one do I use?
ColdBox LITE is meant to be a simplistic conventions based engine, so it sports a very low entry barrier and targets small to medium sized applications that only concern themselves with MVC concerns. If your application grows (which the majority do) or you are planning already a larger application then might as well start with ColdBox Platform.
How do I migrate?
We have designed the libraries to work in unison. Therefore, you can upgrade and downgrade as you see fit. All this is determined by your application's Application.cfc. The class path of the framework bootstrap application is what determines your engine.
Below are the links to download the source bits and also to download our integrated development environment: DevBox as well!