Founder and Software Architect
Luis Majano is a Computer Engineer and author who has been creating software since the year 2000. He was born in San Salvador, El Salvador in the late 1970s, during a period of economic instability and civil war. He lived in El Salvador until 1995 and then moved to Miami, Florida where he studied and completed his Bachelor of Science in Computer Engineering at Florida International University.
He is the founder and CEO of Ortus Solutions, a consulting firm specializing in web development, ColdFusion (CFML), Java development and all open source professional services under the ColdBox and ContentBox stack. He is the creator of ColdBox, ContentBox, WireBox, MockBox, LogBox and anything BOX, and contributes to many open source ColdFusion/Java projects. You can read his blog at www.luismajano.com.
Luis has a passion for Jesus, tennis, golf, volleyball and anything electronic. Random Author Facts:
- He played volleyball in the Salvadorean National Team at the tender age of 17.
- The Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit is something he reads every 5 years. (Geek!)
- His first ever computer was a Texas Instruments TI-86 that his parents gave him in 1986. After some time digesting his very first BASIC book, he had written his own tic-tac-toe game at the age of 9. (Extra geek!)
- He has a geek love for circuits, micro-controllers and overall embedded systems.
- He has of late (during old age) become a fan of organic gardening.
"Keep Jesus number one in your life and in your heart. I did and it changed my life from desolation, defeat and failure to an abundant life full of love, thankfulness, joy and overwhelming peace. As this world breathes failure and fear upon any life, Jesus brings power, love and a sound mind to everybody!"
"Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding." Proverbs 3:5