We are excited to announce availability of CommandBox v3.1.0 Beta for testing and feedback. Our goal is to have this released in time for Into The Box so that means we need you to help get it stable and ready to go. There are a collec...
ColdBox 4.2.0 Released!
We are excited to announce the general availability of ColdBox 4.2.0. This release includes tons of fixes but also great new features and speed improvements. If you have CommandBox installed, you can upgrade now by just typing:
box update coldbox or get started with a new ColdBox app by typing:
box coldbox create app --installColdBox.
Here is a synopsis of the major feature updates and improvements in this release.
TestBox v2.3.0 Released!
Team TestBox is proud to bring our latest release to the masses, v2.3.0. This release includes a collection of fixes but also several new cool features thanks to Mr Eric Peterson and our Slack community. It has been incredible to get so much community support in this project and so many pull requests and even to our documentation. So thank you so much for supporting and believing in us. This release is for you!
All the docs have been updated in our documentation book and check out the what's new page for an in-depth overview of this release.
You can also very easily get started or update your project with TestBox via CommandBox CLI for ColdFusion (CFML):
Relax Version 2.2.0 Is Now Available
Relax version 2.2.0, for Coldbox, is now available and includes a number of bug fixes and improvements. Relax, aptly subtitled "RESTful tools for lazy experts", is a Coldbox module, which makes it easy for developers to conduct modeling, documentation and testing for their
ProfileBox v2.0.0 Released with Lucee Support
We are so excited to bring you a new major version of ProfileBox, version 2.0.0. This is a major re-architecture of the profiling module so it can work with FusionReactor 6, ColdBox 4 and Lucee CFML Engine. You can kick the tires with our
CommandBox 3.0.1 Released
Today we are announcing a patch release of 3.0.1 for CommandBox CLI users. This is a very small release that contains a single fix for those using the new
server.json feature of CommandBox 3.0.0.
Properties weren't being read correctly from the
server.json file. If you have been using
CommandBox 3.0.0 Final Released
As usual, the only step required to upgrade is to replace your 'box' binary and the next time CommandBox runs, it will complete the install. If you used yum, apt-get or brew to install, just request the newest version. All the binaries are also available on our download page.
If you're new to CommandBox, no worries. Just check out our installation page where we have detailed instructions for each operating system to get you up and running in about 60 seconds.
Once you've installed the latest 3.0.0 build, let's look around at some of the new stuff:
- Config Settings - Customize and configure CommandBox just for you
- Modules - The 'Box is now modular and can be extended like never before
- Interceptors - Hook into the internals of the CLI and build upon it
- Standardized Command Packaging - Custom commands can now be packaged up as modules
- Server.json - Default every aspect of the embedded server for packaging and convenience
- Shortcut for Native OS Binaries - Mucho improved native shell executions from inside CommandBox
- Shortcut for CFML Functions via REPL - A new sweet way to run CFML functions right from the commandline
- Expressions in Command Parameters - Express yourself with new syntaxes for calling commands with dynamic inputs
- Command DSL - New features to help devs writing custom commands
There is a full write up on each of these features including examples and links to the docs here in our beta release post. Please read through it if you want to dig in deeper to the new stuff.
CommandBox 3.0.0 Beta Released for Testing
First things first. To install the latest 3.0.0 beta version of CommandBox, download the appropriate binary for your OS here:
The first time you run box, it will install and replace any previous installation. If you want to go back to the previous version later, you'll need to remove the .CommandBox folder in your user home first.
The GitBook-based docs have had major updates made to them. Prior to the final release of CommandBox 3.0.0, you can preview the bleeding edge of our docs here:
Also, the bleeding edge API docs are available here as well:
DocBox 2.0.5 Released with Updated CommandBox Commands
We are excited to announce the general release of DocBox v2.0.5 and our new CommandBox DocBox command module. This release brings some great features for the creation of API documents, but also the tight integration into CommandBox to allow you to generate API Docs with only CommandBox installed. Below you can learn more about our release.
This update fixes the installation so you can install DocBox into your project by running the...
DataBoss - Dynamic Administrator v2.1.0 Released!
We are proud to announce today a nice minor release for Ortus DataBoss Version 1.5.0. This release brings about several important fixes and trial version updates. DataBoss 2.0.0 is already in the planning stages with a full migration to a ColdBox 4 module and CommandBox integration.
Bug Fixes & Improvements
- [DATABOSS-93] - Collection Manager not display null as label values but escaped HTML
- [DATABOSS-94] - Internet Explorer support via Bootstrap needs the scripts to load after CSS has loaded
- [DATABOSS-95] - Singular relationships not being ordered correctly on editor lookups
- [DATABOSS-96] - Standalone version acting with trial edition, as build not replacing right content,
- [DATABOSS-97] - one to many relationships not being ordered correctly on collection manager dropdowns