Team ContentBox is delighted to bring ContentBox v2.0.0 finally to production release. We have been very busy setting up internal system, automations and builds in order to make this release a reality. This release brings in tons of fixes, ColdFusion 11 compatibilities and some great new features.
As always, ContentBox can be downloaded in three different flavors.
- ContentBox Source: To deploy in any CFML engine (Adobe or Railo)
- ContentBox WAR: To deploy in any J2EE engine
- ContentBox Express: A pre-configured Tomcat+ContentBox engine
We are so excited to bring you TestBox 2.0 and MockBox 3.0! These releases are major releases of our libraries and include not only great features but a new repository home. TestBox/MockBox have been decoupled from the ColdBox core and are now available standalone only (http://github.com/ortus-solutions/testbox). &nbs...
So at Into The Box this week we unveiled our latest here at Ortus that we've been calling project Gideon. I'll note now that I'm blogging this to the Ortus blog because this is not beholden to the ColdBox MVC p<...
We are proud to announce today a nice minor release for Ortus DataBoss version 1.3.0. This release fixes lots of UI cosmetic issues and adds many improvements not only to the UI but also to better listing visualizations when having many-to-one and one-to-one relationships.
The major updates of this release is the capability to visualize many-to-one and one-to-one relationships on the listing screens now. They also respect the db_display annotation as well, so you can pick and choose what shows on the listing screen. This is great for visualizing many-to-many or relationships.
We have also added a new HTML control called "datetime" which allows you to split a timestamp or datetime field into a date and time picker.
- [CBOXUTILITIES-28] - Crud generator fixes bombs with extra quotes
- [CBOXUTILITIES-29] - Enable CRUD composition of relationships
- [CBOXUTILITIES-31] - Update all app templates to latest release update
- [CBOXUTILITIES-35] - Update Help documentation
- [CBOXUTILITIES-36] - Rename resources to shorter names
- [CBOXUTILITIES-37] - Update embedded google search engine
- [CBOXUTILITIES-40] - Menu ordering and cleanups
- [CBOXUTILITIES-41] - Make Application.cfc with non-inheritance default
- [CBOXUTILITIES-30] - Create config file for LogBox
- [CBOXUTILITIES-32] - Update all testing classes to TestBox Style and BDD support
- [CBOXUTILITIES-33] - CacheBox -> New Configuration
- [CBOXUTILITIES-34] - TestBox Support, new menu contribution for TestBox Tasks
- [CBOXUTILITIES-42] - Added global CPU configuration file for project URL and TestBox config
So either download the extension and install it or if you have it installed, just click "ColdBox Platform > Check For Extension Updates..." and perform our sweet auto update! Here are a few screenshots of some new functionality:
We are very excited to bring you a new commercial product release for the Ortus Family: Couchbase Railo Extension The Couchbase Railo Extension allows you to natively connect to a Couchbase NoSQL Server cluster and leverage it for distributed caching, session/client storage and distribution, cluster RAM file systems, and much more. It can allow your Railo servers to scale and extend easily by leveraging Couchbase NoSQL Server as the platform of choice for session/cluster managements, caching and virtual file-systems.
We have been working with Couchbase NoSQL Server for a while now it has been a true pleasure to not only build scalable farms with it, but also it is incredibly responsive when it comes down to NoSQL and caching transactions.
Here are some of the major features of our Couchbase Extension:
- Add Couchbase functionality to any Railo application
- Install at the web context level or the server level (Available to all contexts)
- Create Cache connections in the Railo administrator to connect to any network-accessable Couchbase cluster
- Set and get objects from Couchbase via standard CFML functions and tags
cachePut(), cacheGet(), <cfcache action="get|put">
- Fully supports all built-in Railo cache functions including wildcard filters
- Seamlessly distribute storage of the following to any bucket in a Couchbase cluster
- Railo session storage
- Railo client storage
- Railo RAM resouce
- Seamlessly cache the following to any timeout-sensitive bucket in a Couchbase cluster
- Results of database queries
- Results of deterministic functions
- Complex or simple objects in your application's code
- Cached templates
- Results of database queries
- Registers new CFML Built-In Functions (BIFs) for executing user-defined queries against Couchbase views.
- Extremely lightweight and fast
We are incredibly excited to announce our Testing Bootcamp from April 24-25th in Houston, Texas. This bootcamp will include our newest course CBOX-205: BDD & TDD CFML Development led by TestBox creator Luis Majano.
We are very excited to announce that the roadmap for the next major version of ContentBox is ready for your viewing pleasure. Over the next several months, we'll be working hard to add features and expand functionality...helping you take your sites and content to the next level!
Click the button below to download our complete roadmap document.